You have made the right choice to educate your child in a Christian school using the Bible-based Accelerated Christian Education program. However, I Peter 5:8 warns that our “adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.”
Satan is using everything in his power to keep young people from serving God; therefore, we cannot be passive in the battle. God promises that “the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.” (II Corinthians 10:4) We must pray. However, before we can pray effectually and fervently for our children, we must be sure our hearts are right before God. James 5:16 gives us a promise, “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” We can have power in prayer, but we must first place our own hearts before God for cleansing, making our lives right before God. Only then can we effectively pray for and with our children.
So, for what do we pray?
• Pray that your children’s friends and peers will have positive, spiritual values, since they will have an influence on your child.
• Pray that your child will make good life choices and influence others in Godly ways.
• Pray that your child will surrender all areas of his life to God and be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
• Pray for your child’s future—God is able to lead him to the university, special training, or preparation of His choosing.
• Pray for your child’s future mate. We love our children, but God loves them more, and only He knows what is best for each one.
So, how can we become actively involved in the lives of our children?
• Keep the lines of communication open with school staff.
• Know your child’s friends and their parents. Truly listen so as to gain insight into your child’s thinking and the issues important to him.
• Let him know you are always there to listen, understand, and guide.
• Share Scriptural promises and relate how God has faithfully led and directed you.
• Encourage your child to give the reins of his life to the Lord, and God will direct his steps.
Never underestimate the effectiveness of prayer because God’s almighty power is released when we call upon His name.
“Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?” (Jeremiah 32:27) -taken from Parent Accelgram
Accelerated Christian Education. (2019). The Importance of Prayer. Accelerator, 12.